Why You Need a Mentor at Any Age, and how to take life-changing steps to get yourself one.
As you probably know by know, I am writing a book called Grow and Be Rich. It’s a manual for success for young people. This post is just a glimpse of what you might see in the upcoming book. Many of the lessons we teach young people in Grow and Be Rich can be translated into conversations with adults, especially rookie investors and start-up entrepreneurs. Most successful people know that in order for us to reach our dreams, we need to develop skills and experience. This will take more help than friends can provide. There is something very important that is essential to reaching our dreams:
Finding a mentor, at any age, who is experienced and successful in your field, who is encouraging and willing to help you make the right decisions is the most important move you can make in your professional life.
A mentor shares knowledge and experience to help develop someone at any age. Many people, younger and older, have dreams of what they wants to do, and the life they want to live, but they don’t realize how getting a mentor can help! ANY American can start doing what it takes to find a mentor and be successful did at any age! There are still many opportunities to take advantage of in the land of opportunity! It’s NEVER too late to want to improve the quality and happiness of your life! No matter what your age! First you need to believe in yourself. The next thing you need to do is grab a copy of Grow and Be Rich, reread it, and read it with your family and friends.
5 Life-Changing Steps You Can Take to Get a Mentor
1. A Mentor is essential because no one knows everything in this world. A mentor is someone to connect with and share feelings and goals with about your future. Find someone that has reached the level of success you want. Listen to the wisdom your mentor gives you. They will help you stay on the right path to your success. They know what it takes to become successful, because they’ve already accomplished that themselves. If one person says no, keep asking another. Be relentless. How badly do you want to be successful in life?
2. Know exactly what to look for and where to find a mentor. Be very specific. Know what you want in life. Make a list of your top five potential mentors, and then find out how to contact them.
3. Write a rough script of what you what to say to your potential mentor. You might have to talk to their assistant until you can schedule a time to talk/ meet with them. Write down talking points and know exactly what to say to impress them, and what will make them want to help you.
4. Learn how to provide value to your mentor. Ask them if you can do an unpaid internship for them, shadowing them to gain skills in your field.
5. Perhaps MOST IMPORTANTLY, learn to Answer the question: “Why should they help/ hire me?”
Finding a mentor who is encouraging and willing to help you make the right decisions is the most important move you can make in your professional life. After reading this post, you should understand this and know how to find a mentor.
Do you think your kids would read this book? What can we add to it to make it better? What would you want to see in a kids book aimed at cultivating youth success early and often? Leave a comment below and let’s continue the conversation!